Monday, September 22, 2008

today is the beginning

well here goes...I just turned 56 (must be like a mid-life thing) and I thought I'd start my own blog. Lauren and Marisa have one and I read them all the time. Love being able to keep up with what's happening in their lives, so I thought what the hell, why not! Seems to be the thing to do these days. I hope my family will read this and find out things about me that they might not already know, but if not, I think I'll find this process cathartic for myself.

September and October are the best months to live here. The weather is magnificent. Cool mornings and evenings and lots of sunshine. The Bonafont water delivery guy just stopped at the house so I could buy two full garafones de aqua para la casa.

I am truly tranquil here. I love these people. They are kind, gracious, polite, friendly y mas. I don't feel "right" when I'm not here and yet yo extrano mis amigos y familia en Los Estados Unidos tambien. Knitting helps keep me sane. I have lots of projects planned and not near enough time to knit.

I'm reading John Grisham's newest novel "The Appeal" right now -- in fact I should be reading because Book Group is tomorrow and I want to report on the book. And with that I will stop, finish my book, and knit some. Ande le pues!

1 comment:

Marisa Frizzell said...

Yay!! Welcome to the blogging world, Aunt Donna!