Sunday, December 21, 2008

Calamity

Roy and I went to dinner on Friday night. When we got home, my lantern moon basket (the round one with handles) which was full to the top with sock yarns for my blanket (approx 20 different balls) was emptied and ALL the yarn was spread from the living room to our bedroom. Magda apparently was bored!

I was sick when I saw it. Lots of chewed up ball bands, lots of tangles, lots of mess. My stomach is hurting now just remembering it all. Until recently, she's never shown any interest in yarn before. So, I've kept all the yarn for this project in the basket next to my chair -- no problem, until now. It took me about 5-6 hours to straighten up one skein of Lamb's Pride sock yarn.

I was sitting on the floor in my bedroom trying to sort out the worst tangles and even resorted to, say it with me -- SCISSORS! Those of you who know me well know I abhor scissors around yarn, except for cutting yarn with a purpose. To cut into a mess of yarn and create more ends is a sin in my world. Today, being Sunday, I'm asking for forgiveness from the knitting gods and doing penance.

Magda is still with us, so far. Roy told me he was glad that he'd bought the "taxidermy at home" kit for Christmas cause we may need it now. LOL :~)) She can't grow up fast enough!

No comments: