Monday, January 16, 2012

Just a quick update

It's been a really long time since I've posted anything here. I got a replacement iPad for Christmas (2011) and I've been busy adding bookmarks and finding stuff in the app store.

Roy had some serious skin surgery in the early part of December so we didn't get to Texas till after Christmas. Visited JoAnn in Longview for a few days, then into Dallas for a few days. I got to see all the nieces and nephews and met the newest member of the Frizzell family, Lucy, what a cutie. Kathyrn was so cute this year, not so shy and spent a lot of time sitting and talking with Roy. Sergei was home from Texas Tech and it was great to hear how he's enjoying college and studying architecture.

We then went to Houston for a couple more days. I got to spend a couple of nights with my friend Susan which was so fun. We went to Berings one morning. I haven't been there for years. THE BEST hardware store in the world. We also went to Goode Company Seafood for dinner. Another place I haven't been to in years. I had the sweetest, juiciest fried oysters --- yummy!!!!

The bad thing, for me, about going to Texas in the winter is I always get sick. So again this year, I got a sinus infection which I came home with. I've been back 11 days and finally am feeling better. I'm going to suggest that we celebrate Christmas in July!


No comments: