Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beach, Rain & Pink Eye


Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico 2011

We went to Mazatlan over Memorial Day weekend (it's not MD here though) with Marta & Lupe et al and stayed at the Riu Mazatlan -- one of our favorite all inclusive resorts.


I love this picture 'cause the sun is reflecting on the ocean. Taken from our 11th floor balcony at the Riu Mataztlan.

I think the Pacific Ocean is so beautiful because of the rock formations that come all the way to the edge of the beach.

1st Day after 1st Rain of the Season

Morning after the first rain of the season. Lots of wind -- blew over the table and chairs on our neighbors mirador. I'm going to chronicle the changes to our mountain as the rainy season progresss. I want to see how long it takes for the mountains to turn green starting from the first official rain (that's when the water is running down the streets from the mountain to the lake).

Pink Eye

How in the world did I get pink eye????? I didn't ever get it as a child (which is when I thought you got this kind of thing). My friend Judy, who's a nurse, asked me if I'd been swimming recently. I just got back from a weekend in Mazatlan and I did got swimming in the pool, but I've been to this resort many times before and have never gotten pink eye! The day we were leaving (Mon May 30) I woke up with swollen glands and sneezing (not like allergies though) so I took some antihistamine meds I never leave home without and the symptoms seemed to go away -- hahaha!

It's very gross. I woke up on Thursday morning, June 2nd with my left eye crusted over and I googled conjunctivitis and figured that was what I had -- it's the infection kind, not allergic conjunctivitis -- oh joy. So by that evening my left eye was swollen almost closed and my right eye was getting yellow crusties in it too. Went to see Dr. Lastra on Friday morning and he agreed that was what I had. Still have swollen glands and sneezing like a cold. Dr. L said I probably was getting a cold and it settled in my eye -- Eye Flu!

Now on antibiotic drops and ointment for 14 days, but that's not doing anything for my swollen glands or overall feeling of exhaustion. Haven't been sleeping well -- feel achy all over my body and I have a low-grade fever on and off during the day and night. YUCK!

One good thing, we had our first heavy rains last night. Cooled everything down about 10 degrees which has been very nice today.


No comments: